Long used by English speakers, the terms “boutique hotel” are increasingly reasoned in the discussions of travelers. Behaviors have changed; the quest for authenticity, well-being and a very special atmosphere push visitors to consider new types of accommodation far from standardized chains. But first of all, let’s ask ourselves the question: where to find a boutique hotel Paris and what are its characteristics?
What are the différences between a boutique hotel and a hotel ?
Here is a short explanation of the appearance of the name “boutique hotel” and its evolution.
History and definition of a boutique hotel
Appeared in the 80s in the United States, the name boutique hotel refers to an establishment far from the standards far too present in the hotel industry. A Boutique Hotel thus stands out from a chain hotel by its authenticity, its own character. We could qualify boutique hotels in France as charming hotels or character hotels. It can be a design hotel decorated by Christian Lacroix for example, more traditional with marble bathrooms or even in the spirit of a guest house. 3 star, 2 or 4 star hotel, it doesn’t matter.
Characteristics of a boutique hotel
To go further, here are the elements taken into account in the definition of a boutique hotel:
- location, often in a city;
- personalized service;
- hotel size;
- property : most of the time, independent
Whu to choose a boutique hotel ?
Choosing a boutique hotel means choosing not to stay in a hotel chain where all the rooms are alike, where you feel no history or soul. It’s wanting to live an experience, that of a place, an atmosphere. Choosing a boutique hotel means seeing more than a night in a bed.
Choosing a boutique hotel in Paris means living the Parisian experience to the full.
The Welcome Hotel Paris, a lovely boutique hotel Paris 6
Now that you have understood the meaning of a boutique hotel and that this confirms your choice of hotel, discover the Welcome Hotel Paris, a favorite address in the fabulous district of Saint-Germain-des-Prés.
A historic district in the heart of Paris
Saint-Germain-des-Prés or the very center of Paris
The 6th arrondissement of Paris is located in the center of Paris, left bank. The most famous metro stations, Saint-Germain-des-Prés (line 4), and Odéon (line 4 and line 10), connect the main Parisian stations (Gare de l’Est, Gare du Nord, Gare Montparnasse and Gare de Lyon is directly accessible by bus 63. Airports are also easily accessible by RER B from Saint-Michel-Notre-Dame station. center of Paris.
If you want to go a little further, such as the Avenue des Champs-Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe, the Butte Montmartre and the Sacré-Coeur basilica, or the Jardin des Plantes, there will always be a way fast and efficient transport from the 6th arrondissement. Looking for absolute calm? Meet at the Arènes de Lutèce in the 5th arrondissement or in one of the many hidden gardens in the capital.
Saint-Germain-des-Prés, or the vibrant soul of Paris
Saint-Germain-des-Prés, mythical district of the French Capital. Its soul, its history, its literary and artistic aura. A popular place for Parisians such as tourists. In Saint-Germain-des-Prés, we like to get together, have a drink on a terrace, go shopping or go to a vernissage, stroll along the booksellers or take the Pont des Arts.
Staying in Saint-Germain-des-Prés means treading the cobblestones of Sartre and Simone de Beauvoir, Juliette Greco and Boris Vian. Each stone tells us a story. A poem, a jazz club, an existentialism. A cultural hotspot of the second half of the 20th century, places like the Café de Flore or the Caveau de la Huchette bear witness to an era and a past that will never end.
The Welcome Hotel Paris in the very center of Parisian activity
The Welcome Hotel Paris welcomes you in the very center of Paris, in the 6th arrondissement and in the famous district of Saint-Germain-des-Prés. At the corner of the charming rue de Seine and the vibrant boulevard Saint-Germain, our small boutique hotel is one of the few 2-star hotels in the area.
The Welcome Hotel Paris is an excellent base for a visit to Paris since the Latin Quarter, the Louvre Museum or the Luxembourg Gardens are only a few minutes away on foot. A cosmopolitan district, Saint-Germain has some nice surprises in store for you. A cocktail bar here, a beautiful address in an interior courtyard there, or even an unusual hidden address.
Here are some ideas for activities beyond easily accessible Saint-Germain-des-Prés:
- A glass of Champagne on a private terrace with a romantic atmosphere, or even a bottle of Champagne in one of the cocktail bars on the Grands Boulevards (depending on the desired atmosphere)
- An exhibition at the Picasso Museum
- A walk in the Quartier des Batignolles, the Latin Quarter or on the Butte de Montmartre
- Vintage shopping spree in the 4th arrondissement of Paris or luxury shopping on Avenue Montaigne
- Boat trip on the Canal Saint-Martin
Welcome Hotel Paris : warm and friendly atmosphere
As its name suggests, the Welcome Hotel is a particularly welcoming place. Its reception, open 24 hours a day, invites discussion and relaxation in an intimate atmosphere. Whether you take a seat in one of our yellow armchairs, or face one of our charming receptionists, you will immediately feel at home.
Eric and Koert, our day receptionists, have worked at the Welcome Hotel for so many years that guests call them by their first names. It must be said that they provide exceptional service. Fervent lovers of Paris, they like to accompany travelers in their discovery of the city. A map of Paris given on arrival, gourmet advice or a table reservation, our team is available for any information or help in organizing your stay.
The exceptional welcoming and the light atmosphere of the Welcome Hotel are recurrent in the opinions of our guests. This makes it a favorite address in Paris.
Rooms of our boutique hotel in Paris center
The Welcome Hotel Paris offers rooms for one or two people. Rooms with a double bed, two single beds or king size, there is something for everyone.
All rooms are equipped with:
- Free and speed wifi
- Private bathroom with shower or bath, welcome amenities and hairdryer
- Courtesy tray with tea and coffee
- Individual air conditioning
- Double-glazed windows
- Blackout curtains
- City view,…
Our adorable hotel also has three deluxe rooms with a very special and very Parisian charm:
- La Saint-Germain : the largest room in the hotel (30 m2), it offers a large dressing room, a king size bed, a living room and a large bathroom.
- La Parisienne : on the top floor, with a view of the pantheon and the city of light, it has a bathroom with walk-in shower but also a hip bath and a desk area.
- La Dauphine : under the roof, it knows how to pamper travelers with its interior decoration in soft and warm tones. Extra fridge, storage, and bathroom with bathtub for amateurs.
The cozy atmosphere of our breakfast room will seduce you for sure. Welcome with coffee machine for espresso, cappuccino or macchiato why not?! An unforgettable atmosphere with a warm welcome, gourmet products and a decoration made of antique objects such as the floor (old doors reused as parquet: a country house look that adapts perfectly to the desired atmosphere).
Conclusion : is the Welcome Hotel a boutique hotel Paris ?
Let’s take the characteristics of the boutique hotel together:
- the location: the Welcome Hotel is a cozy address in the chic and trendy district of Saint-Germain-des-Prés, in the very center of Paris;
- architecture: two designs inside the hotel. The classic and very Parisian of the non-renovated rooms combined with a more contemporary design and an original decoration in the last renovated rooms and in the hall;
- personalized service: a warm welcome, a benevolent smile and expert advice from our two receptionists who are well known to guests;
- the size of the structure, rather small: the Welcome Hotel is a human-sized hotel with 29 rooms;
- the building itself: typically Parisian with its atypical spaces, its stones and its views of the Haussmann buildings;
- the property: the Welcome Hotel is an independent hotel.
In conclusion, you have found your boutique hotel Paris, but shh, the Welcome Hotel Paris is a secret address…